Getting Ready for Surgery
A team helps prepare you for your surgery. And the most important team member is you.
Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or problems. Your doctor can help you understand what can happen during and after your procedure.
We will need a lot of information. Please give us information that is true and up to date. It will help us provide safe care.
The most important information is your health information:
- Your medical history, even other surgeries
- Allergies to medicines, foods, and latex
- General health information
- Recent illnesses
- Current prescription and over-the-counter medicines or vitamins
- The use of tobacco, alcohol, or other drugs
- Any medical problems like diabetes or high blood pressure
It is very important to be involved in your healthcare.